The Military Heritage Museum offers something for everyone who wants to get closer to history that truly matters—from veterans and families to history and military buffs to students and educators to American and international tourists.
Through our galleries of authentic artifacts and veteran-led tours, we provide a unique, highly personal look at the men and women who have served in all five U.S. military branches across nearly three centuries of U.S. military history, what they experienced and how they are presently serving and will serve in the future.
Among the many exhibits, programs and activities that will help visitors connect to, discover and engage with our military’s profound history, contributions and sacrifices are:
- More than 30,000 authentic and one-of-a-kind artifacts that played an actual role in history, along with more than 1,000 original historical documents.
- Four engaging, interactive and technology-enhanced exhibit galleries that tell the military’s history from the War for Independence to the Global War on Terror.
- A Hall of Heroes honoring all who have served, including Florida’s Medal of Honor recipients and the Museum’s own “Wall of Warriors.”
- Technology-enabled oral history exhibits and kiosks of veteran stories, Witness to War accounts and “Letters from Home.”
- A Member Library with over 4,000 books of military history, personal narratives and military technology. The collection also includes rare books, periodicals, pictorial histories and regimental histories.
- A Future Force Academy that features flight simulators and advanced technology.
- A range of unique and hands-on military history and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) programs for students.
- A state-of-the-art theater showing historical footage, military documentaries, classic military movies and original programming.
- Remembrance ceremonies, for veterans of wars and key dates in military history.
- On-loan and traveling exhibits and presentations that showcase singular aspects of military service.
- A Ships Store that features unique products made by veteran-owned companies and a café that provides a place for rest and reflection after a tour.